The following agencies serve as accrediting bodies for Health Professions programs.
Association for Clinical Pastoral Education, Inc. acpe.edu
- Standard 303.3: interdisciplinary consultation and teaching within the program(s) provided by adjunct faculty and/or guest lecturers.
- Standard 309.4: to develop students' awareness and understanding of how personal, social conditions, and structures affect their lives and the lives of others and how to address effectively these issues through their ministry.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Standard 309.7: to teach students the pastoral role in professional relationships and how to work effectively as a pastoral member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Standard 312, Outcome 312.5: Graduates will demonstrate effective participation as a member of a comprehensive health care team.
- Standard C.1.1 Rehabilitation counseling scope of practice C.1.1.a.: Explain professional roles, purposes, and relationships of other human service and counseling/psychological providers.
- Standard C.9.6 Classification and evaluation of function C.9.6.b.: Consult with medical/health professionals regarding prognosis, prevention and wellness strategies for individuals with a disability
- Standard C.10.11: Community-based rehabilitation and service coordination
- C.10.11.b.: Collaborate with advocates and other service providers involved with the individual and/or the family.
- D.2.1: The internship activities shall include the following: D.2.1.a. Orientation to program components, policies and procedures, introduction to staff and their role and function, identification of the expectations for interns, confidentiality and due process procedures, risk assessment, and the Code of Professional Ethics for Rehabilitation Counselors
American Occupational Therapy Association aota.org
- In the Preamble of the ACOTE Standards: Be prepared to effectively communicate and work interprofessionally with those who provide care for individuals and/or populations in order to clarify each member’s responsibility in executing components of an intervention plan.
Standard B.5.21: Effectively communicate, coordinate, and work interprofessionally with those who provide services to individuals, organizations, and/or populations in order to clarify each member’s responsibility in executing components of an intervention plan.
Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education capteonline.org
- "Standards and Elements" Interprofessional Education is specifically addressed under the following:
- Standard 6F: "The didactic and clinical curriculum includes interprofessional education; learning activities are directed toward the development of interprofessional competencies including, but not limited to, values/ethics, communication, professional roles and responsibilities, and teamwork. NOTE: this criterion will become effective January 1, 2018."
- Standard 6L The curriculum plan includes clinical education experiences for each student that encompass, but are not limited to: 6L3 involvement in interprofessional practice
- Standard 7D7: "Communicate effectively with all stakeholders, including patients/clients, family members, caregivers, practitioners, interprofessional team members, consumers, payers, and policymakers."
- Standard 7D28: "Manage the delivery of the plan of care that is consistent with professional obligations, interprofessional collaborations, and administrative policies and procedures of the practice environment."
- Standard 7D37: "Assess and document safety risks of patients and the healthcare provider and design and implement strategies to improve safety in the healthcare setting as an individual and as a member of the interprofessional healthcare team."
- Standard 7D39: "Participate in patient-centered interprofessional collaborative practice."
Commission on Accreditation of Health Management Education cahme.org
- CAHME does have specific criteria that state or reference IPECAHME
- Criterion IIIB2: The Program will provide, throughout the curriculum, opportunities for students to participate in team based and interprofessional activities.
- CAHME Criterion IIIB3: The Program will provide experiences for students to gain an understanding of, and to interact with, a variety of health professionals and organizations.
National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences naacls.org
Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology jrcert.org
- "Standards for Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs" by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs, Under Section D: "Graduate Standards" Criteria "Leadership" Number 32 "Provide leadership that facilitates intraprofessional and interprofessional collaboration."